The restaurants located at Tapoco Lodge are destinations in and of themselves! Cool and casual or upscale and sophisticated, whatever you’re looking for, you’ll find it here.
Every dish at Tapoco Lodge is created by Chef Alex Henry. Chef Henry graduated from the prestigious Culinary Institute of America in 2002 and has been cooking professionally for over 12 years. After growing up with a passion for foods as well as in and around the restaurants of New York, becoming a Chef was a natural fit for him. He believes that one needs to satisfy not just the taste but all of your senses with your meal. He enjoys creating new and original recipes made from local ingredients and looks forward to creating market fresh gourmet meals here at Tapoco for you. With a passion for people, gastronomy and love for this area it makes him the perfect choice for Tapoco Lodge.
We Serve Fresh and Local
- WNC Farmers Market Located in Asheville NC, about 2 hours east of Tapoco Lodge. One of four regional Farmers Markets owned by the State of North Carolina. Thirty six acre site, with retail area featuring high quality fruits and vegetables, mountain crafts, jams, jellies, preserves, sourwood honey, fresh baked breads, cookies and dozens of other farm fresh items. Also five open air truck sheds with fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Chambers Meats, meat processing, packing & market. 6310 Murphy Hwy, Blairsville GA 706-745-0011 Locally raised and butchered meats.
- Yellow Branch Cheese and Pottery Located about 30 minutes from Tapoco Lodge, near Fontana Lake. Owners Karen and Bruce produce handcrafted cheeses made from their farm’s own herd of Jersey cows. The dairy is pasture based using sustainable, organic practices.
- Stoney Hollow Farm located about 30 minutes from Tapoco near Lake Santeetlah. Family farm producing a wide variety of fruits, vegetables and flowers. Farm Store open to the public with you-pick or already picked produce. On site farm kitchen and bakery for a delicious selection of jams, jellies, preserves, vinegars, honey, fruit pies, breads, and cookies.
- Benton’s Bacon If bacon is served in Heaven, it will come from Benton’s! Dry cured hams and bacon from nearby Madisonville TN. Take a scenic ride over the Cherohala Skyway and “bring home the bacon”.